The #CostingEquity report is part of IDDC research into the financing of inclusive education for children with disabilities. The report looks at the benefits of financing disability-inclusive education, the current state of education financing with regard to inclusion, and what needs to change in order for education financing to effectively support the realisation of Sustainable Development Goal 4 and Article 24 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD).
The research, funded by Open Society Foundations (OSF), LIGHT FOR THE WORLD International and other international disability and development organisations was be launched at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) 2nd session on 17 October 2016 in New York. The event was hosted by the Austrian, Australian and Ethiopian Missions to the UN.
The findings will feed into a range of advocacy activities over the coming year, as the ambition of IDDC's Inclusive Education Task Group (IE TG) is to drastically change the situation in the coming years.
IDDC and its IE TG will be tweeting about the research, findings and key advocacy messages using the hashtag #CostingEquity
On this page you can find:
- #CostingEquity full report - #CostingEquity: The case for disability-responsive education financing (full report in English)
- #CostingEquity summary report (summary version in English)
- #CostingEquity summary report (French) - #CostingEquity: Pour un financement de l'education adapte aux besoins des personnes handicapees (summary version in French)
- #CostingEquity summary report (Spanish) - #CostingEquity: Argumentos a favor de la financiacion de la educacion adaptada a las necesidades de las personas con discapacidad (summary verion in Spanish)
- Large print version (MS Word) of the #CostingEquity report (large print summary version in English)
- Complete references for the #CostingEquity report
- #CostingEquity poster
- IDDC press release on the #CostingEquity report (October 2016)
The launch event was live streamed from the UN General Assembly on 17 October 17.15-18.30GMT via http://webtv.un.org.
A Presentation of #CostingEquity at OSF London will take place on 22 March 2017.
Also available for download are the initial leaflets which were distributed before and during the UNCRPD Conference of States Parties on 14-16 June 2016 - two version of the leaflet are available, the short A5 leaflet and the longer full leaflet .