Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 55 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
Replacement of a collaborator who has evolved to new functions.
OBJECTIVES & MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
In selected areas covered by the Support to Civil Society technical unit, which include support and partnerships with Disabled People’s Organizations, civic engagement and political participation, access to justice, disability data and statistics, promotion and monitoring of disability rights, policies, accessibility, inclusive local development and disability-inclusive international cooperation, the Technical Advisor provides technical guidance, develops and advances the professionalism, technical quality and visibility of HI actions.
To reach this goal, the Technical Advisor- Support Civil Society and Inclusive policies - has following responsibilities:
- DEFINITION OF TECHNICAL POSITIONING AND APPROACHES
° Support the definition, development and dissemination of HI professional positioning and approaches in the area of Support to Civil Society in Inclusion Policies,
° Ensure active follow-up of innovations and development in areas relevant to the work of HI in support to DPOs, develop professional networks and promote HI’s approaches
(Estimated 30% of the job)
- PROFESSIONAL NETWORKING
° Ensure an active follow-up of innovations,
° Develop professional networks.
(Estimated 20% of the job)
- PROJECT TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Support the design, implementation and evaluation of projects in his/her portfolio, ensuring they are coherent with HI’s mandate and professional positioning, and meet the necessary quality assurance criteria
(Estimated 50% of the job)
If you have :
- Masters Degree or equivalent in Human Rights, Disability Studies, Development or Political Science
- Demonstrated experience in at least two areas relevant to the position: inclusion of discriminated groups, inclusive governance and capacity development, human rights promotion and monitoring, advocacy and community mobilization, inclusive public policies, access to services. Experience with HI is a plus.
- Experiences in working in the field of disability and development, and a very good understanding of Disability Rights and the UNCRPD
- 2 years experiences in developing countries
- Relevant experience in training, coaching and project management
If you are :
- Fluent in English and ideally with a good level in French
- Committed to the values of equity and inclusion
- Known for your strong organizational skills
And you demonstrate:
- Analytical skills, Strategic thinking
- Capacity to communicate (oral/written), to transfer skills and train or coach others
- Able to work well under pressure, to meet deadlines to be dynamic and solution oriented
English : Fluent
French : Fluent
To apply and for more details follow this link: