The European Disability Forum (EDF) is a non-governmental European umbrella organisation set up to represent organisations of persons with disabilities at EU level. Its membership includes 98 member Organisations including European NGOs and National Federations of organisations of persons with disabilities. EDF's mission is to promote the equal opportunities and human rights of the 80 million persons with disabilities in Europe.
EDF is seeking a Project Coordinator, Children with Disabilities.
EDF is partnering with UNICEF in a 3 year project in the Western Balkans and Turkey on Violence and Children and Children with Disabilities; the project ends at the end of this year and we need to recruit a coordinator for the final stages of the project. Based in Brussels, with some travel to the region, the Project Coordinator will lead EDFs involvement in the project, liaising with DPOs and UNICEF, in the project region.
EDF is seeking a dynamic project coordinator who will be responsible for implementation and reporting of EDF activities within the last year of the project, including capacity building support to civil society partners, especially DPOs, coordinating the involvement of EDF executive and members within the project, project reporting and external communications. The Project Coordinator reports to the EDF Human Rights Coordinator, and works closely with the UNICEF Programme Coordinator. The Project Coordinator should be able to start as soon as possible and the contract is till 31 December2018.
The ideal candidate has
- A solid background experience and knowledge in the rights of persons with disabilities, and children with disabilities.
- Proven project coordination, management and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- At least five years experience working in an international environment
- At least five years experience in capacity building of civil society organisations and other actors in the rights of persons with disabilities
- An ability to communicate very well in English- in writing and orally
- Permission to live and work in Belgium, and travel in the Western Balkans and Turkey
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Gross starting salary: 2800 month plus benefits
Please send a letter of motivation and your CV to Muriel Davia: email@example.com by 31 January, 12 noon, Central European Time.
For more information: http://www.edf-feph.org/social-inclusion-children-disabilities