Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
- JOB CONTEXT:
Making It Work (MIW) is a global multi-stakeholder initiative launched by HI in 2008. MIW seeks to develop research and advocacy-based projects, by documenting practices that have already shown a positive impact on peoples’ lives and by developing subsequent concrete recommendations for replication or scaling. MIW has been used by HI and other organisations on a wide range of disability rights issues in various regions of the world.
Based on the 2013 – 2015 global initiative on the intersection of gender and disability, MIW will continue working on the enhanced inclusion of women and girls with disabilities through evidence-based advocacy and strengthened accountability in 2016 - 2018. The overall aim of this project is to increase the visibility of women and girls with disabilities in global development policies, human rights legal instruments, while strengthening their capacities to meaningfully advocate for change at country, regional and international level.
Moreover, HI aims to use MIW strategically in its work and use it as a model to roll out future evidence-based advocacy initiatives that can be applied to any disability rights issues.
- OBJECTIVES AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Based on the set project objectives and under the management of the Making It Work Project Manager, the Project Officer will provide support to the Project Manager with, administrative, finance, communication and logistics aspects, including the management of adequate standards of accessibility.
- Providing timely support for the smooth implementation of the project, including admin, financial and logistics support
- Ensuring financial follow-up, in line with donor guidelines and internal requirements
- Coordinating the organisation of project events, with a particular focus on communication and logistics
- Assisting with communication activities, including social media, news updates, website
- Finalising documents and providing support during meetings e.g. notes taking
- Supporting the project with punctual activities as requested.
- DESIRED PROFILE :
- At least one year of professional experience in project management, especially admin and finance aspects
- Demonstrated experience in the development of communication plans and the use of communication tools
- Experience with organisation of events, including at international level
- Knowledge of IT tools, including softwares for photo or video making would be an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Fluent in oral and written English, French and Spanish are an asset
- Flexible, creative and committed to inclusion.
- CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION:
Type of contract : 18 months fixed term contract, part-time position, desired start date 29th of August 2016
Salary : from 900 euros gross salary per month, and more according on profile and experience
- TO APPLY :
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Only candidates with the work permit for Schengen will be considered.