Are you looking for a motivating job while working in a challenging environment?
HI is an international humanitarian organisation operating in 60 countries with headquarters in Brussels and Lyon. Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
The overall goal of this position is to support the quality of HI’s work on strengthening persons with disabilities’ participation in decision-making process from grassroots to international levels, support the capacity development of Civil Society Organizations (including Disabled People’s Organisations) to better represent their members and promote an inclusive society and access to services for all.
The intern will be part of the Operations Divisions and will belong to the Social and Inclusion Technical Direction, working with a team of three Technical Advisors and one Manager providing technical expertise in several fields such as : support to Disabled People’s Organizations, Inclusive policies, Inclusive Local Development, Disability rights and monitoring, Access to justice and political participation, Disability data and statistics, etc.
OBJECTIVES AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support the definition of HI approaches in services linked to citizenship, access to justice and political participation of persons with disabilities
Contribute to the development of coherent positioning and related tools on strengthening global HI framework on political participation
Identify needs and develop practical tools to support projects and activities in political participation
Gather training contents and materials on the topic
Capitalize, identify good practices, relevant networks and lessons learnt thanks to some interviews with various stakeholders involved (Technical Advisors, operational teams, Desks, partners etc.) and internal/external evaluations
2. Development and animation of Knowledge Management tools for the unit
Creation and facilitation of the new Support to Civil Society section within HI intranet
Support the creation of a common classification system and exchange platform within unit’s members (Dropbox or others)
Make inventory and classification of existing tools, curriculum and training on areas related to Support to Civil Society from different HI missions
3. Support the team of Technical Advisors and Manager in daily activities
Support of the draft of the 3-year plan of the Civil Society/Inclusive Governance sector and the Social and Inclusion technical Direction, including key performance indicators and annual objectives
Support to the coordination between the 3 Technical Advisors and Manager in defining strategic tools, standards and operating framework of the unit in line with the STRATECH of the Technical Direction
Support to the team as per request
- Student in Human Rights, Development or Social Science
- Strong interest for fields of inclusion of discriminated groups, inclusive governance and capacity development, human rights promotion and monitoring, advocacy and community mobilization, inclusive public policies
- Strong analytical skill, strategic thinking and writing skills
- Autonomous, rigorous, reliable and able to work with many different interlocutors
- Fluent in English both in writing and speaking
- Good knowledge of IT tools and processes for knowledge management, Graphic design knowledge is an asset
- Committed to the values of equity and inclusion
- Internship with monthly allowance from 640,70€ (18 years) to 781,30€ (21 years and above), under eligibility of the “Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle”.
- Duration: 6 months, to start ASAP
- Localization: Brussels
- Working language: English, French desirable
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. If you think you can fulfill this job requirements please contact us via email@example.com. Deadline: 21 september 2018