The International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC) is currently recruiting a maternity cover for the position of IDDC Administration and Finance Officer (part-time) in its Brussels-based IDDC Secretariat.
Purpose of the job: The IDDC Administration and Finance Officer provides administrative and financial support for the IDDC Secretariat.
Employment dates: Mid-September 2017– End February 2018 (maternity cover, part-time 19 hours per week)
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Administering finances, and supporting the IDDC Treasurer and external accountant with bookkeeping
- Maintaining the IDDC filing system and databases
- Updating administrative guidelines
- Dealing with routine correspondence and telephone queries
Facilitation of meetings and events
- Providing logistics support for meetings and events, including the IDDC General Assembly
- Preparing and taking the minutes of IDDC meetings when requested
Besides the responsibilities mentioned above, the Administrative and Finance Officer undertakes tasks as requested by the IDDC Coordinator.
Profile and requirements:
- Fluent English, good knowledge of Dutch and/or French
- IT skills: excellent knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Self-motivation and self-organisation; ability to prioritise
- Ability to work alone and as part of a small and busy team; pro-active attitude
- Highly skilled in administration
- Numerate, with basic bookkeeping/accounting skills an advantage
- Commitment to IDDC Values and Principles
- Interest in and commitment to disability and development cooperation
- Experience of working in an international non-governmental organisation/network
- Knowledge of accessibility and inclusion
- Administrative/Financial experience with EC funded projects
How to apply
Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) including your salary expectations to email@example.com with the reference ‘IDDC Administrative and Finance Officer’ in the subject line.
Extended deadline for applications: 12 noon on Friday 1 September 2017
Interview date in Brussels: First week of September
IDDC operates an equal opportunities recruitment process. People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Please note, only candidates in possession of a valid work permit will be considered.
We regret that we will only be able to send a reply to candidates who have been short-listed for the interviews. We thank you for your understanding.