International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (IF) is an international non-governmental organisation uniting persons with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus, their families, professionals and supporters.
IF is currently recruiting a Finances and Administration Officer for the office in Brussels.
The purpose of the job is to enable the office to run smoothly and efficiently at all times, so that the International Federation can maximize its opportunities and senior staff are supported to deliver their work effectively.
● To prepare and monitor budgets with relevant staff (project, organisation);
● To handle invoices, reimbursement requests and credit card reconciliations (from receipt of related document to payment and input in appropriate files);
● To liaise with the external accountant and auditor as required. With the accountant, on a bi-monthly basis minimum for the preparation of financial reports to be used for monitoring of budgets and for reporting to leadership;
● To report to the Board of Directors on the finances of the association when called upon
● To handle service providers (procurement, review of current service providers, contact point for queries, cleaning);
● To handle relations with the landlord;
● To ensure availability of office supplies at all times to the team;
● To ensure the well-functioning of the ICT infrastructure available at the office.
● To manage general correspondence and communication (physical and digital – info@ account) as necessary;
● To provide administrative and logistical support to staff members and for events organised by IF, including booking flights, negotiating with hotels and making other arrangements
● To support Secretary General in line management and supervision including monthly 1-1 sessions to ensure the development, wellbeing and effective performance management of all staff;
● To maintain (review and implement) the work regulations of the association;
● To develop individual team members’ development plans;
● To manage team holiday requests and individual sheets;
● To handle payroll, together with the Secretary General;
● To handle medical secretariat requirements;
● To develop and maintain a timesheet system for recording the team’s time on the different projects.
● To ensure legal compliance to Belgian law, IF’s statutes and internal rules, together with the Secretary General;
● To develop guidelines and procedures when required; ●
To assist the Secretary General with statutory meetings (agendas, logistics and minutes);
● To assist the Secretary General in managing IF’s membership.
What we offer:
● Work in a small team in an informal setting in our Brussels office;
● Space to learn, grow and assume more responsibilities in the future;
● A monthly gross salary for a FTE of around 2700€ (following B1b of PC 329);
● Lunch vouchers, reimbursement of public transport, holiday pay and end-of-year bonus.
To apply, submit a recent CV accompanied by a cover letter and contact details of two reference persons to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject line “Finance and Administration Officer”.
Deadline for applications is 20 March. Interviews will be held the week of 25 March in Brussels.