Sense International (SI) is recruiting a new Director who will have overall responsibility for the international work of Sense International, developing opportunities and engaging stakeholders to make positive changes for deafblind people and their families throughout the world.
The post is a key leadership position in the organisation and is a member of the Management Team with overall responsibility for Sense International’s strategic development and overall finances. The post manages a small UK based team and talented international Regional Directors. The post holder will also work with our partners to ensure co-ordinated programmes. The post is responsible for oversight of the global international strategy and implementation for Sense International.
You will be an inspiring and dedicated leader. You will be creative, finding solutions, open to informed risk and innovative. You can effect change where it is needed but you are equally happy working hands-on on day-to-day operations and activities. You will be an excellent communicator ‘able to listen’ and respond at all levels, treating people with respect. You will have a sense of humour.
You will also have:
- Proven programme management experience in a variety of NGOs or similar organisations.
- High level knowledge of international programme strategy and development.
- Ability to work across support departments to produce coherent operational and strategic results.
- Exceptional people management and leadership skills.
- Strong financial management and analysis skills.
- Commercial awareness and a strategic focus on growth.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the International Development sector.
The successful candidate will be able to travel overseas.
For more information about the role and for details on how to apply, please see the job section on Sense International's website