Humanity & Inclusion is looking for a bright and enthusiastic trainee to assist the advocacy team in Brussels, with a focus on international inclusive development
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. HI is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details about the association, visit the websites www.hi.org
You will join the Advocacy and Institutional Relations Unit (AIR) at Humanity & Inclusion office in Brussels. This unit coordinates, organizes, manages and implements the activities related to advocacy at Humanity & Inclusion.
You will work under the under the supervision of the Deputy Director for Advocacy, and in close collaboration with the Advocacy Officer on Inclusive Development. You will also liaise with the other AIR team members. Throughout the traineeship, you will be regularly given feedback on your performance to help you grow.
Responsibilities and Learning Objectives
General objective: Support the implementation of the advocacy objectives in the area of inclusive development
Main learning objectives:
- You will be able to strengthen your understanding of the SDGs, and global health policy, and the diverse actors involved.
- You will be able to improve your skills for policy research and analysis, advocacy and communication as well as your organizational skills.
- You will be able to gain an understanding of the ways of working of a busy NGO, in an
- international, multicultural environment.
- Monitoring policy developments in the areas of SDGs, disability rights, rehabilitation, global health
- Preparing policy briefs and updates for HI internal and external communications channels
- Assisting with the preparation for and reporting on the participation of HI in international conferences and events: preparing background notes, blog articles, twitter, writing speeches, etc
- Assisting with the organization of advocacy events : agenda setting, communication with participants and partners, preparation of materials (invitation, report, flyer, media pack)
- Participating in relevant conferences, seminars and workshops, and NGO coordination groups
- Participating in team meetings and team life events
- Providing general administrative support as required
Candidate profile (skills, knowledge & interests)
- Master Degree (could be under preparation), preferably in development, global health, political sciences or international relations studies
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Capacity to analyse and synthesize information
- Very good writing skills in English
- Self-organized and attention to details
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others and towards shared objectives
- Interest in the voluntary sector
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivations and learning objectives to: Blandine Bouniol firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 December 2018