CBM is a Christian International development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the
world. The International Office is now accepting applications for a: Administrative Assistant.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Contract Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Contract Type: full time (38 hours per week)
Contract Start: as soon as possible, 01/03/2017
Under the daily supervision of the Finance and HR Officer of CBM in Brussels, the main tasks of the administrative assistant will be to assist in office management,
including travel and visa arrangements for CBM Brussels based staff & to assist in financial reporting. In addition to daily office tasks, the administration assistant will
also be involved in welcoming advocates and other guests of CBM in Brussels and to assist in the preparation of advocacy events in Brussels.
- Administrative support team
- Organise team meetings including taking of minutes
- Arranging travel & visas (do research to find out conditions for staff traveling to arrange visas, arrange visas on request - fill in forms, go to embassy to deposit forms or collect visas)
- Mail Management
- Logistics for office (Identify office supply needs and kitchen supplies needs + purchase)
- Welcoming guests to Brussels/arranging accommodation and travel
- Basic accounting (checking of invoices), manage and monitor operational expenses
Professional Profile and Requirements
- Administration background
- Experience in organising meetings and conferences, including logistics, taking of minutes, filing documentation and reporting
Personal Profile & Competencies
- Flexibility – Patient and Reliable
- Persuasive communication, communicate professionally in person and by
- Personal credibility
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Pay attention to details, work that is designated
- Enjoy working in an international team, good sense of humor
- Identify with the values of CBM, committed to promoting the rights of people with disabilities
- Languages: French (oral and written), Sign Language is an asset, English writing basic - written French essential
- Valid work permit for Belgium
The future jobholder adheres to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to Murielle.Bertrand@cbm.org by February 3, 2017.
Interviews will take place in Brussels on February 9, 2017.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.