In order to support the International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC) Brussels-based Secretariat, we are now recruiting an Administration and Finance Officer (part-time). Please see below for more details on the role and on how to apply.
1. Job description
Purpose of the job: The Administration and Finance Officer will support administrative and financial issues to ensure the smooth running of the IDDC Secretariat.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Administering finances, and supporting the IDDC Treasurer and external accountant with bookkeeping
- Maintaining the IDDC filing system and databases
- Updating and developing administrative guidelines
- Dealing with routine correspondence and telephone queries
Facilitation of meetings and events
- Providing logistical support for meetings and events, including the IDDC General Assembly
- Participating in meetings and networking when requested
- Preparing and taking the minutes of IDDC meetings
Besides the responsibilities mentioned above, the Administrative and Finance Officer undertakes tasks as requested by the IDDC Coordinator.
Reporting structure: The Administration and Finance Officer reports to the IDDC Coordinator
Location: Brussels (Belgium)
Start date: from as soon as possible in 2015
2. Person specification
Profile and requirements:
- IT skills: excellent knowledge and experience of MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet)
- Fluent English, good knowledge of Dutch and/or French, other European languages an asset
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Self-motivation and self-organisation; ability to prioritise
- Ability to work alone and as part of a small and busy team; pro-active attitude
- Highly skilled in administration
- Numerate, with basic bookkeeping/accounting skills an advantage
- Commitment to IDDC Values and Principles
- Interest in and commitment to disability and development cooperation
- Experience of working in an international non-governmental organisation/network
- Knowledge of accessibility and inclusion
- Prepared to travel occasionally within Europe
3. How to apply
Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) including your desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference ‘IDDC Administrative and Finance Officer’ in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 19 January 2015
Interview date in Brussels: 27 January 2015
IDDC operates an equal opportunities recruitment process. People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Please note, only candidates in possession of a valid work permit will be considered.
We regret that we will only be able to send a reply to candidates who have been short-listed for the interviews. We thank you for your understanding.