Save the Date: Tackling Discrimination of Women and Girls with Disabilities in the 2030 Agenda
The International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC) celebrates the International Day of Persons with Disabilities by organising a conference focused on how to tackle multiple discrimination for women and girls with disabilities in the framework of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
This event is being organised within the framework of the European Disability and Development Week (EDDW), an initiative by IDDC to raise awareness in collaboration with its members and partners.
- Video “Nothing about us without us” raising the voices of women and girls with disabilities worldwide
- Alba Gonzalez, Co-chair of the EU Task Group, IDDC
- Mary Keogh, Senior Advisor for Disability and Gender Equality, CBM
- Lieke Scheewe, Disability Rights Advisor, Light for the World Netherlands
- Nadia Hadad, Board member, European Network on Independent Living (ENIL)
- Komivi Ayassou, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Togolese Federation of Associations of Disabled People (FETAPH)
The panel discussion will be based on the expertise of women working in the field of gender and development. Afterwards there is the opportunity for a discussion with the audience.
Sign language interpretation and velotype will be provided and coffee will be served. We are looking forward to welcoming you!
Join us on twitter #EDDW16
Further details on the agenda to follow.