Side event at the 10th session of the Conference of State Parties to the CRPD - EU Initiative Bridging the Gap: Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals in line with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Through presenting the European Union (EU) initiative Bridging the Gap this event will explore ways to ensure the 2030 Agenda is implemented in line with the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) by:
- a) developing tools to facilitate aligned Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and CRPD implementation (including CRPD indicators, and disability inclusive public policies),
- b) establishing multi-stakeholder partnerships, and
- c) making development cooperation disability-inclusive.
- Emmanuelle Grange, European Commission
- Monthian Buntan, Vice-Chair of the CRPD Committee
- Victoria Lee, Programme Manager, UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Rama Dhakal, Programme Coordinator, National Association of the Physical Disabled-Nepal
- Laura Frigenti, Director of the Italian Agency for the Development Cooperation
- Bdraldeen Ahmed Hassan Mohamed, Secretary General of the National Council for Persons with Disabilities, Sudan
- Ana Peláez, Vice-President of the European Disability Forum
The Bridging the Gap project is co-funded by the European Union. The event is organised by the European Union and is co-sponsored by the International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC), the European Disability Forum (EDF), the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), the Permanent Mission of Finland to the UN, the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, the Spainish Agency of International Cooperation for Development, the Austrian Development Agency, and the Republic of Paraguay.