Bridging the Gap: European commitment to data collection and use for the inclusion of women and girls with disabilities
Bridging the Gap project will participate in the 11th session of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD (COSP11) with the side-event ‘Bridging the Gap: European commitment to data collection and use for the inclusion of women and girls with disabilities’, led by the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) and co-sponsored by the European Commission.
The side-event pivots around the contribution of the EU-funded project Bridging the Gap to the implementation of art. 32 CRPD. The session will present and discuss the project’s contribution to the collection and analysis of disaggregated data and production of indicators, and their uses. Concrete project activities aimed at strengthening the inclusion of women with disabilities in Paraguay and Ethiopia will be presented.
The objective of the event is to discuss different approaches to data generation, use and disaggregation, as well as to indicators for monitoring CRPD-implementing policies. In particular, the generation and use of data to ensure social protection and gender equality will be explored. The experience and work of project Bridging the Gap will serve as a basis for discussion and debate with the audience.
Moderator: Inmaculada Placencia Porrero, European Commission, DG EMPL, Disability and Inclusion
- Victoria Lee, Bridging the Gap I, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights - Disability HR indicator: the contribution of BtG
- Raul Montiel and Paola Duarte, CONADIS Paraguay - Participation of Organisations of Persons with Disabilities in developing indicators
- Max Rubitsch, Austrian Federal Ministry for Labour, Social Affairs, Health and Consumer Protection - Data collection for improved national policies for enhancing the living conditions of persons with disabilities
- Minister of Labour and Social Affairs of Ethiopia (TBC) - Improving the data collection to contribute to the inclusion of women with disabilities
- Ola Abu Alghaib, Leonard Cheshire and International Disability and Development Consortium - Advocacy in inclusive social protection policies for women with disabilities
- John Patrick Clarke, Vice-President of the European Disability Forum - Promoting human rights and participation of persons with disabilities in Europe